Hello all and welcome to my February TBR!
January was an OK reading month for me (check out my January Wrap-up if you haven’t already!) but I do hope to get through a few more books this month. Again, I will be trying to get through some more of my ‘on-hold’ books (books I have already started)! Some of these books were on my January TBR but I did not get around to reading them. 😦 I’m finding that I’m part way through a lot of books at the moment and I really want to get them read sooner rather than later as I can get overwhelmed when I’m reading several books at once!
1. The Illustrated Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams – I’m hoping to finish this one by the end of this weekend. I’ve read the first chapter and it is laugh out loud hilarious. As I mentioned in an earlier post, this is my first time reading this book, but I have listen to the radio series several times over the years (once live, with Neil Gaiman as the Narrator!)
2. Air Awakens by Elise Kova – I have started this one as part of a readalong with NightJar. Thus far I’m enjoying it; it’s rather intriguing!
3. Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone by J.K Rowling (re-read) – This will be a re-read, but to be honest, I can’t remember the story all that much so it’ll be quite fresh to me. This will be the beginning of my plan to read the whole Harry Potter series in within the space of a year.
4. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K Rowling – I’ve not read this book before (nor any of its sequels) but some Harry Potter fans have informed me that it’s their least favourite. I hope I can get through easily enough!
5. My Heart and Other Black Holes by Jasmine Warga – This is my Library Scavenger Hunt book for February. I find that I leave reading my LSH books until the end of the month, meaning that I hardly ever get around to reading them, or finishing them within the allocated month! At 300-ish pages, it is not a long read, so I hope to finish this and get a review done ASAP!
6. Cinder by Marissa Meyer – Yes! This was finally returned to my local library so now I can finish it! ☺️ I got about halfway through back in March last year. I believe this was my LSH book just under a year ago… Tut tut, I really ought to get to the end so I can read the rest of The Lunar Chronicles!
7. Storm in a Teacup: The Physics of Everyday Life by Helen Czerski – Another one I’ve started; this was January’s LSH. I’m enjoying it a lot thus far, despite only having read about 16 pages! It’s the first non-fiction book I’ve tried to read in a very long time and I love how the author uses everyday scenarios to explain complex scientific goings-on.
8. Animal Farm by George Orwell – I have never read Animal Farm. Which is appalling as I’ve seen the film several times. This is a short read that I’m probably going to leave for the very end of the month when I will be embarking on a rather long journey. I reckon I can read it on the way to the airport (about an hour by road) if motion sickness doesn’t grip me 🤢 and then finish it on my first flight (about an hour).
So, another 8 books that I’d love to get through in the month of February. Again, seemingly ambitious, but I have started most of these and I’m not putting myself under any pressure to read all of them. Especially as February is the shortest month… 😎
Have you read any of these books? Are these books on your TBR? What will you be reading this February? As ever, please do leave your comments below! 😀
Thanks for reading!
Geeky love! ❤
SSJ Time Lord