Hello all and Happy New Year! 😀
Some of you may remember MY EPIC 2016 TBR BONANZA. However, the worst reading slump ever hit me at the end of March 2016 and thus, many of my plans were thwarted… 😐
But! I am drawing a line under 2016. I am super excited for 2017 and all the good things it may bring and it is my hope that I will be able to achieve a little more in terms of reading than I did in 2016!
Thus, I have come up with:
Five by Five!
Inspired by Faith Lehane from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, I decided to encapsulate the thought that I will be fine in 2017 by setting 5 goals of 5 bookish things. 😎
First, how many books?
I will be aiming for 52 books once again. Last year, I failed miserably due to epic-reading-slump (and if that happens again, I shall deal with it) but if all things go well, then I think this is a reasonable goal!
(The answer to life, the universe and everything…plus 10…)
Second, what will be read?
Now, the five lists of five bookish things below represent examples of what I might read to fulfil these categories – they are NOT hard and fast rules that I need to stick to as Reading Should Never Be a Chore! Hehe! 😀 Also, I’m allowing for books that overlap categories! *realisticexpectations/goals* 🙂
Read something by 5 new (ish) authors
- Joe Abercrombie
- Neil Gaiman – I’ve read Good Omens, hence new(ish)
- V.E. Schwab
- Rick Riordan
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
Start 5 series
- The Kingkiller Chronicle by Patrick Rothfuss
- The Gentleman Bastard Series by Scott Lynch
- The Harry Potter Series by J.K Rowling
- Red Rising Trilogy by Pierce Brown
- The Witcher Series by Andrzej Sapkowski
5 individual books that you are super excited to read
- Reasons to Stay Alive by Matt Haig
- The Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson
- Penguin Problems by Jory John
- Nimona by Noelle Stevenson
- The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet by Becky Chambers
Read 5 classics
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- Jane Eyre by Charlottë Bronte
- Animal Farm by George Orwell
- North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
- Dracula by Bram Stoker
Read 5 non-fiction books
- Hamilton: The Revolution by Lin-Manuel Miranda and Jeremy McCarter
- Storm in a Teacup: The Physics of Everyday Life by Helen Czerski
- What If?: Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions by Randall Munroe
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
- Eats, Shoots & Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation by Lynne Truss
So that was a lot of books/authors so here is some cute.
My cat, Bauer when he was a kitten…
And there we have it! I hope this has given you an insight to the types of things I will be trying to read this year! ⭐
Please do share what your picks for 2017 are! I’m always open to new ideas! 💡 And as ever, please feel free to leave a comment below.
SSJ Time Lord