Hello all! Just in case you missed it, my January Wrap-Up post can be found here. There were a few problems with WordPress when I published it, so it disappeared for a while, but luckily I found it!
Now it’s time for an award! I am slowly but surely catching up with all the amazing tags and awards I’ve been nominated for!
The Liebster Award!
I was nominated for the Liebster Award quite a while ago now *cough7monthsagocough* by Fran at Nightjar’s Jar of Books whose blog you should definitely take a look at! Thanks! (Technically, my other blog was nominated, but we don’t speak about that. Shh!)
- Thank and link to the nominator’s blog.
- Answer their 10 questions and come up with 10 new ones for your own nominees.
- Nominate 10 blogs and tell them they’ve been nominated.
- Each nominee must have under 200 followers.
- Write a post with your questions and answers.
- Include these rules in your post.
I’m only going to nominate two people, since I don’t know all that many blogs that haven’t done this tag already. However, consider yourself tagged if you haven’t done it and would like to!
Grace @ quirkyandpeculiar
Dilara @ deceivedbydreams
Fran’s questions for me:
1) What’s your favourite book, and what’s it about?
The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
The narrator of the book is a pilot who crashes in the Sahara Desert. There he meets The Little Prince, a very serious blond boy from Asteroid 325 (us Earthlings call it Asteroid B-612). He tells the pilot the story how his loneliness led him to leave his planet and explore others in an attempt to cure his loneliness. It is a beautiful story and one that I read over and over and still gain so much from.
2) Why did you decide to start blogging?
I loved reading before I turned 19, then university killed that. However, I still loved the idea of reading, as demonstrated by my inability to stop buying books. As a result, I started this blog to motivate me to read more and talk about the books I read with awesome like-minded people.
3) Do you like Doctor Who? If so, who’s your favourite companion?
I LOVE Doctor Who! I am a few series behind because Steven Moffat was annoying me, but I will catch up one day, I promise. I think that my favourite companion from Old Who is Brigadier Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart (some claim he wasn’t a companion but I would say that they are WRONG!) I loved loved loved his episodes with the Third Doctor. I couldn’t pick between Donna Noble and Captain Jack Harkness for New Who! They are both so awesome!
4) What was / is your best subject at school?
In secondary school, my favourite subject was Music though I was best at Geography which I actually found quite boring… When I got to sixth form, I adored Classical Civilisation and Philosophy, though I was best at Government and Politics.
5) Do you like to read manga / watch anime? What series are you into at the moment?
I don’t read manga, but after watching Attack on Titan (written by Hajime Isayama), I would like to start. I do watch anime, though I don’t watch enough! I just finished watching One Punch Man. It is HILARIOUS!
6) What’s your favourite vegetable?
Lettuce! Iceberg, Romaine, Little Gem, you name it! OM NOM NOM.
7) If you could go anywhere in the world, just for a day, where would you go?
One of my biggest dreams is to see the Northern Lights but I hate being cold so I’d go to the Kakslauttanen Arctic Resort in Finland to stay in a glass igloo to watch them while I’m lying down. 😀
8) What’s the best Studio Ghibli film?
Howl’s Moving Castle! I love this film subbed as well as dubbed! Christian Bale as Howl, Emily Mortimer as Sophie and a young Josh Hutcherson voicing Markl?! Who could ask for more?
9) Who was your first celebrity crush?
Ooooh, I don’t remember… my first proper crush was probably David Tennant though I’m totally over him now. 🙄
10) Pirates or velociraptors?
VELOCIRAPTORS. A speedy thief over a drunk one any day.
Questions for my nominees:
- How many books are on your TBR? List the first 3.
- Do you like or dislike surprises? Why/why not?
- What is one thing you will never do again?
- What was the last film you saw in a cinema? Did you like it?
- You are stranded on a desert island with two people. One of them is an author and one of them is a character from a book. Who would they be and why?
- How many countries have you been to? Which was your favourite?
- Have you ever or do you have a nickname? What is it? (If there is a story behind it, tell us!)
- Star Wars or Star Trek?
- If you could only have one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What is the worst book you have ever read?
Thanks for reading!