I was nominated for this award by Fran from Jar of Books which you should all definitely check out! Thanks for the nomination! 😀
- Answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate some wonderful bloggers and write 11 questions for them to answer.
1) Have you ever kept a pet? What was it and what was it called?
I’ve had many pets, but currently I have a cat called Jack Bauer. He’s 6 years old and very mischievous. Unfortunately, he lives in London while I’m up in Scotland so I miss him a lot!
2) In 100+ years, what recently-written books do you think people will be being forced to read in schools?
Such a good question! I haven’t read either of these, but I think:
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini (is that recent enough?)
Life of Pi by Yann Martell
3) What are the ingredients for the perfect tea party?
A wide variety of baked goods (including scones, clotted cream and strawberries, of course!) and little sandwiches, several types of tea (including Russian Caravan please!), bunting and last, but certainly and by no means least, excellent company.
4) What’s the last word of your favourite book?
“Back.” – The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry.
5) What’s your favourite character trope?
I think it has to be the “secret legacy” trope. The discovery of unknown powers or heritage like Vin in The Mistborn Trilogy or Aragorn in the Lord of the Rings (respectively). I am an absolute sucker for this trope.
6) How do you organise your bookshelves?
In London, most of my books are in alphabetical order by author’s surname. In St Andrews, my books are in height order, except for the majority of my library books which I try to keep separate.
7) Where’s your favourite place to read, and where do you usually end up reading instead?
I love reading in most places. I recently acquired a swivel chair in my room, so I sometimes sit on that with a couple of fleecy blankets and use my bed as a footstool. SO COMFY. I love reading on public transport, though I walk everywhere in St Andrews, so I guess I end up reading in bed mostly.
8) Do you play any sports? If so, what?
I recently took up archery and mediaeval combat. I want to be a well rounded warrior: swords, daggers and bows. ^_^
9) If you had the TARDIS for one day, where would you go?
What a question! Without thinking about the implications of my visit, I think I’d go to the Library of Alexandria. I’m welling up just thinking about it…
10) Which is worse: Spiders or Zombies?
Probably zombies. I can deal with spiders. They freak me out, but they can’t make me undead, so… you know…
11) Make up a new word. What does it mean?
Chronosialism – wishing that there were more hours in the day to do things. For example, “I’m chronosial today; I’m really busy.”
Silanur at AloofBooks
Kacie at Kacie’s Bookshelf
Franciska at Life is Sweet in Books
Questions for my nominees:
1. Do you speak any other languages? If not, which language would you like to learn?
2. Name your favourite non-human character in a book.
3. Apart from reading, what is your favourite hobby?
4. Why did you start your blog?
5. What is your favourite period of history?
6. Science fiction or fantasy?
7.What book/book series do you think everyone should read?
8. Coffee, tea or hot chocolate?
9. What is your favourite mode of transport?
10. If you could have one superpower, what would it be?
11. Which genre do you dislike the most?